- 1 quantity - 2 ingredient pizza dough
- 8 slices hot Spanish salami, sliced into strips
- 1 cup (100g) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup (30g) baby rocket
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp salt flakes
Preheat oven to 210°C or 190°C fan-forced. Place a pizza stone in the oven to heat or oil a pizza tray and set aside.
Divide the pizza dough into two pieces.
Roll each piece into dinner plate-sized pizza bases.
On one base, place half the salami, mushrooms, rocket and cheese onto one-half of the base.
Fold the base over on itself to create a crescent shape and pinch the edges together to join it into a tightly sealed pocket.
Repeat with the second base and then brush each with the egg and sprinkle the tops with the salt flakes.
Place in the hot oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until the top is golden and the dough is cooked through.
- You need to take care if you are eating these straight from the oven. The fillings will be extremely hot.
- You can eat calzone cold too. I like to slice these into wedges and take them on picnics. They are transportable pizza without the mess.
- Fill these pizza pockets with your family’s favourite pizza toppings and you will be the most popular Mum ever!
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.