Crunchy winter coleslaw recipe
- 1 medium fennel bulb
- 1/2 sugarloaf cabbage
- 1 pink lady apple, halved and cored
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted hazlenuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp dill leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- squeeze of lemon juice
Trim the fennel; then using your food processor’s slicer attachment or a sharp knife, slice finely. Do the same for the cabbage and (unpeeled) apple.
Place fennel, cabbage, apple and radish in a bowl and set aside while preparing the dressing.
To make dressing: Place sugar, olive oil and vinegar in a small saucepan over medium heat and stir to dissolve the sugar. Let it bubble for a few minutes before removing from heat and stirring through the mustard.
Pour over coleslaw and mix well. Sprinkle with the hazlenuts and dill leaves, if desired, and serve.
- I love a good coleslaw. Fresh, crunchy and delicious, to me it’s by far the best thing to serve next to pretty much any winter comfort food.
- This recipe was created by Sophie Hansen from Local is Lovely. You can follow Sophie on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.
More salad recipes
- Find more easy quick dinner ideas
- Summer steak with tomato salad
- Chickpea salad
- Pumpkin, feta and chickpea salad
- Chicken and mango salad
- Greek salad
- Warm chicken salad
- Asian salmon salad
- BBQ chicken salad
- Creamy potato salad
- Baby Caprese salad
- Lamb, pumpkin and chickpea salad
- Chicken and cranberry waldorf salad
- Pasta salad