The Very Hungry Caterpillar fruit snack recipe
- 1 green apple, cut into slices
- 1 Babybel cheese (from the dairy aisle)
- 1 fruit strap (from the health food aisle)
Place the cheese onto the plate for the head.
Place the apple slices in a line to form the body. Leave one slice for the eyes.
Cut 6 little legs from the fruit strap using a small sharp knife. Place them underneath the body.
Cut a little smile for the face. Cut two antenae. Place smile onto the cheese and antenae above.
Cut two small eyes from the apple slice. Place onto the cheese.
- You can get your children to help you with this recipe. Give them a plastic knife and some apple pieces to chop while you prepare this snack.
- If you can't find these fruit straps, you can use fruit roll-ups in their place.
- This recipe was created by Chantelle Ellem for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder. You can follow Chantelle on Fatmumslim or on Facebook or Twitter.