Wintry superfood salad recipe
This wintry ‘Superfood’ Super Salad is chock full of fresh, healthy goodness. Fresh and oven roasted vegetables with a lovely Asian dressing. Find more on Kidspot New Zealand.
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, diced
- 1 tbsp white miso (you can use the miso soup sachets!)
- 1 tsp honey
- 500g pumpkin, peeled and cut into medium chunks
- 10 baby carrots (no need to peel!)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups baby spinach, washed and dried well
- 1 cup broccoli, cooked until tender and then cooled
- 6 radishes, sliced thinly
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 50 almonds, chopped
- a handful of fresh herbs
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- juice of 1 lime
To make the dressing: Whisk all ingredients together well (or put them in a jar and shake them up!)
Dress the salad gently with the dressing and season well with salt and pepper.
- Variations: You could add some sliced seared beef, some BBQ chicken or some tofu.
- Boost the 'SUPER' by adding some other fresh and healthy things - sliced mushrooms, blueberries, sprouts, shaved cabbage, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, sliced pear ... go wild!
- This recipe was created by Pip Lincolne for Kidspot, Australia's best recipe finder. You can follow Pip at Meet me at Mike's or on Pinterest and Twitter.
More salad recipes
- Find more easy quick dinner ideas
- Summer steak with tomato salad
- Chickpea salad
- Pumpkin, feta and chickpea salad
- Chicken and mango salad
- Greek salad
- Warm chicken salad
- Asian salmon salad
- BBQ chicken salad
- Creamy potato salad
- Baby Caprese salad
- Lamb, pumpkin and chickpea salad
- Chicken and cranberry waldorf salad
- Pasta salad