Farmyard birthday cake recipe
- 1 x (900g) ready-made chocolate cake
- 1 x (453g) Betty Crocker frosting, chocolate or chocolate buttercream icing
- 2 x 200g pkts chocolate finger biscuits
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tsp green food colouring
- 1 bag of farm animal toys (including fences)
Step 1. Place cake on a cake board or serving platter.
Step 2. Use a spatula to spread frosting onto half of each chocolate stick and arrange around the edge of the cake. Place 6 sticks upright as a barn, with 2 more placed horizontally on top to make a roof.
Step 3. Cover top of the cake in frosting and smooth out.
Step 4. Place coconut in a resealable bag and add green food colouring. Shake and rub bag together to distribute colour.
Step 5. Cut a piece of paper into the shape of a path. Gently lay it on the cake and sprinkle the coconut over the uncovered area. Remove the paper.
Step 6. Place the fences on the cake for the animals. Add the animals into the pens.
- I bought this cake at the supermarket. It was a chocolate cake with chocolate icing and sprinkles. If you want to make a cake from scratch you can make this Large birthday mud cake.
- I purchased the farm toys from Kmart for $15 for 200 pieces.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot,New Zealand’s best recipe finder.
Find more birthday cake recipes
- Balloon birthday cake
- Birthday cake recipes
- Bouncing balls birthday cake
- Chocolate owl birthday cake
- Chocolate-dipped strawberry flower birthday cake
- Cupcake tower birthday cake
- Dino birthday cake
- Easy lolly birthday cake recipe
- Flower pot birthday cake
- Handbag birthday cake
- Hollywood starlet birthday cake
- Ice cream cone birthday cake
- Island birthday cake
- Make-up compact birthday cake
- Marshmallow flower birthday cake
- Mermaid treasure birthday cake
- My Little Pony birthday cake
- Pirate ship birthday cake
- Princess birthday cake
- Simple marshmallow birthday cake recipe
- Soccer field birthday cake
- Spaceship birthday cake