Chicken pot sticker dumplings recipe
- 250g chicken mince
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 12 round wonton wrappers
- 2-3 tbsp vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- soy sauce
Combine mince, ginger, coriander and green onions in a large bowl.
Place tablespoons of the mixture on each wonton, brush edges with water, fold in half and press to seal. Crimp the edges with a fork.
Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the dumplings and cook for a minute or so on each side, until the bases are golden brown.
Add the stock to the pan with the dumplings, cover the pan and reduce heat a little. Cook for five minutes and then serve with a little soy sauce to taste.
- These dumplings have HOT soup inside them so you need to be really careful with that first bite as the liquid squirts out and can burn your mouth.
- You can make these dumplings and freeze them in an airtight container to cook another day. Just make sure that you place sheets of baking paper between each so they don’t stick to each other, and defrost thoroughly before cooking.
- You can also serve these with dumpling sauce. You can buy this from Asian grocers or find it in the Asian section of your supermarket.
- This recipe was created by Sophie Hansen for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder. You can follow Sophie on Local is Lovely, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.
Find related Asian food
- Pork and prawn dumplings recipe
- Pork and prawn spring rolls
- Spring rolls
- Vegetable spring rolls
- Chicken fried rice
- Duck and fried rice
- Fried rice
- Fried rice Goong Goong style
- Prawn fried rice
- Simple fried rice
- Spicy fried rice
- Beef and glass noodle stir fry
- Chicken and basil stir fry
- Chicken broccoli cashew stir fry
- Chicken cashew and hokkien noodle stir fry
- Hoisin chicken stir fry