Green smoothie recipe
Don’t let the colour of this green smoothie turn you off. It is perfectly delicious and will give your body a blast of vitamins to help you get by. Find more on Kidspot NZ
- 1 pear
- 1 peeled kiwifruit, chopped
- 1 lime, peeled, pith removed and chopped
- 1 banana, peeled and chopped
- 100g baby spinach, washed and well dried
- 200ml apple juice
Blend the chopped fruit with half of the apple juice until smooth and lump-free.
Next, add the baby spinach and half the remaining apple juice.
Blend until well combined. Add more apple juice if needed.
- You can also add heaps of other stuff to your Green Smoothie: frozen banana (for a creamy texture), honey, soaked chia seeds, yoghurt, frozen mango, berries, apples, grapes, kale (which has a gentle green flavour too and is REALLY good for you!), lemon juice… the list goes on!
- This recipe was created by Pip Lincolne for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder. You can follow Pip at Meet me at Mike's or on Pinterest and Twitter.