Jam creams recipe
- 125g butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups wholemeal self-raising flour
- 75g butter, softened (additional)
- 1 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp finely grated orange zest
- raspberry jam (or whatever you have on hand)
Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan-forced. Line a biscuit tray with baking paper and set aside.
In a bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg until well combined and then fold through the cinnamon and self-raising flour. Roll the biscuit mixture into little balls, about a teaspoonful each, and then place on prepared baking tray. Squish down a little with the prongs of a fork.
Bake for 10 minutes or until golden. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
Meanwhile beat the additional butter and icing sugar together until light and fluffy. Spoon a small amount of the buttercream on one biscuit, spread a little jam on top of that (don’t go overboard here or it will spill everywhere) and then top with another biscuit about the same size.
Makes about a dozen.
- These delicious biscuits never last long at my place and I often double the recipe to have some “leftovers”.
- This recipe was created by Sophie Hansen for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder. You can follow Sophie on Local is Lovely, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.
Find related biscuit and cookie recipes.
- 3 in 1 biscuits
- Anzac biscuits
- Double chocolate biscuits
- Coconut bran biscuits
- Funny face biscuits
- Jelly biscuits
- Rice bubble and sultana biscuits
- Jam drop biscuits
- Kiss biscuits
- Milo biscuits
- Muesli biscuits
- Three ingredient shortbread
- White chocolate and cranberry biscuits
- Gingerbread heart cookies
- Yo-yo biscuits