Christmas Royals recipe
- 2x 200g Arnott’s Royals Biscuits, dark chocolate (alternatively use Griffin's Mallowpuffs)
- 200g white chocolate melts
- 1 x 180g Nestle Smarties
- 1 x resealable bag
- mint leaves
Step 1 . Gather all ingredients.
Step 2. Lay out Royals on a serving platter.
Step 3. Melt white chocolate and place in a resealable bag. Snip off the corner of the bag.
Step 4. Pipe chocolate onto the Royals, allowing a little to run down the side. Top with one red Smartie on each Royal. Scatter mint leaves around plate.
- I used dark chocolate Royals but you can use milk chocolate Royals in place of these. If you are unable to find Royals just replace with Mallowpuffs.
- If you can’t buy Smarties then M & M’s are a great substitute.
- I melted the chocolate in a microwave oven. To do this you need to place the melts in a glass bowl and heat on high for 90 seconds and then stir for 1 -2 minutes. You may need to return it to the microwave for further 30 second bursts until it is entirely melted.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
Related Christmas recipes:
- Christmas-style coleslaw
- Christmas burgers with the lot
- Easy Christmas turkey
- Simple Christmas terrine
- Glazed baked ham
- Cranberry, prosciutto and pistacho stuffing
- Christmas tree biscuits
- Christmas pastry wreaths
- Sneaky mini Christmas puddings
- Easy Christmas pudding ice-cream
- Christmas cookies
- Christmas cupcakes with butter frosting
- Boiled Christmas pudding with brandy custard
- Mars Bar Christmas crackles
- Christmas fruit platter
- Christmas gingerbread families
- Light Christmas cake
- Easy Christmas jellies
- Spiced Christmas muffins
- Traditional panforte
- White Christmas crackles
- White Christmas slice