Santa strawberries recipe
- 1 cup thickened cream
- ¼ cup sifted icing sugar
- 2 punnets strawberries
- 2 soft liquorice sticks or 20 raisins
Step 1. Gather all ingredients together.
Step 2. Whip cream and icing sugar together until quite firm.
Step 3. Hull the strawberries and then cut the tip off each. Sit each strawberry on paper towel to soak up the juice.
Step 4. Fill a piping bag (or icing press) with a fluted nozzle with the cream mixture and pipe it onto the cut surface of the strawberry to create a head.
Step 5. Using the tip of the nozzle, join the cream and pipe a liitle "beard" for the Santa halfway down the side of the strawberry. It's imoportant to make these join up so the cream on the head takes the weight of the cream from the beard. Place tip of strawberry on cream.
Step 6. Pipe a "pom pom" onto the top of the strawberry. Place liquorice or raisins cut in half for eyes and serve.
- Adding the icing sugar to the cream gives it a bit of structure so it pipes and supports itself firmly. Even though this mixture is firm, you may need to refrigerate these until required so the cream doesn't collapse in the heat.
- It’s really important to place the strawberries on the paper towel or you will have a red mess.
- You can add half a teaspoon of vanilla to the cream mixture if you want vanilla cream.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.
Related Christmas recipes:
- Christmas tree biscuits
- Christmas pastry wreaths
- Sneaky mini Christmas puddings
- Easy Christmas pudding ice-cream
- Christmas cookies
- Christmas cupcakes with butter frosting
- Boiled Christmas pudding with brandy custard
- Mars Bar Christmas crackles
- Christmas fruit platter
- Christmas gingerbread families
- Light Christmas cake
- Easy Christmas jellies
- Spiced Christmas muffins
- Traditional panforte
- White Christmas crackles
- White Christmas slice