Easy chicken soup recipe
- 500g chicken thigh fillets, diced
- olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas
- 500ml chicken stock
- 1 cup coriander, finely chopped
- Turkish bread, to serve
Dice the chicken thigh fillets and set aside.
Heat a little olive oil in a heavy-based saucepan and cook the onion for five minutes, or until soft and translucent.
Add the spices and chicken and cook for another minute or so.
Add the tomatoes, chickpeas and stock, bring to the boil and reduce heat to a gentle simmer for about 25 minutes.
Stir through the coriander and serve with warmed Turkish bread.
- You can make this with diced lamb or leave meat out entirely and add a few more pulses.
- It is best to use thigh fillets for this recipe as they impart a lot more chicken flavour than chicken breast.
- This recipe was created by Sophie Hansen for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder. You can follow Sophie on Local is Lovely, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.
Find more soup recipes:
- Chicken noodle soup
- Curried lentil soup
- Thai pumpkin soup recipe
- Potato and leek soup
- Curtis Stone's chorizo and chick pea soup
- Katie's chicken soup recipe
- Baby carrot soup
- Pick-me-up spicy lentil soup
- Bacon, potato and cheese soup
- Pumpkin and cumin soup recipe
- Pumpkin soup
- Red lentil and pumpkin soup recipe