Frozen banana bites recipe
- 4 bananas
- 200g dark chocolate melts
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- Sprinkles: coconut flakes, coated choc-chips, cachous
Step 1. Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside. Cut each banana into 6 pieces.
Step 2. Melt the chocolate. Stir the peanut butter into the chocolate until well combined.
Step 3. Dip each banana piece into the chocolate mixture, tap off excess and place on the baking tray.
Step 4. Top with sprinkles and place in the freezer for 30 minutes or until frozen.
- This recipe makes 24 pieces. You can make this recipe with milk or white chocolate if you prefer.
- I used smooth peanut butter but crunchy will work too.
- Decorate these with your favourite toppings like crushed nuts, 100’s and 1000’s or other sprinkles.
- Please take care when serving these to guests. It is not immediately apparent that this recipe contains peanut butter so you will need to take care that you don’t give these to anyone with a peanut allergy.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder
Find more frozen treat recipes:
- Chocolate ice cream pudding
- Homemade chunky monkey ice cream
- Homemade cookies and cream ice cream
- Frozen yoghurt pops
- Ice cream cookie crunch
- Angel ice-creams
- Frozen banana bites
- Strawberry ice cream
- Snickers hot fudge sundae
- Ice-cream sandwiches
- Bananas in Pyjamas
- Homemade chocolate paddlepops
- Frozen fruit slushies