Pear and rice puree recipe
This baby puree made from pears and rice cerealis a really nutritious meal for your baby. You can add this to your list of tasty first foods.
- 2 fresh pears, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 tbsp rice cereal
- 1/2 cup water
In a small saucepan, add the pears and water and bring to the boil.
Simmer for 5 minutes until the pears collapse.
Puree in the pan using a stick mixer or alternately mash well with a potato masher.
Stir in the rice cereal and mix well.
- This will thicken a little on cooling.
- If you are making this for a toddler you can skip mashing the pears.
- You can use drained tinned pears for this recipe. There is no need to cook the pears but heating them and using a little of the natural juice is required before you add the cereal.
- You can adjust the amount of cereal to make the consistency that suits your baby.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.