Baby spaghetti bolognaise recipe
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 very small onion (or half a medium onion), finely chopped
- 100g beef mince
- 1/2 tomato, diced
- a small amount of spaghetti to make 1/4 cup of cooked spaghetti
Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and add the onion. Cook until onion becomes glassy.
Add the mince and brown, constantly chopping into it with a flat-edged wooden spoon to finely break it up.
Add the tomato and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring a small saucepan of water to the boil and add the spaghetti. Stir once the water returns to the boil. Cook for 5 minutes or until cooked through.
Place everything in a blender and puree as much as possible - there may be some lumps.
- While it may be tempting to just puree the family version of spag bol, your baby may find the flavours of Italian herbs too strong. You’ll have more success with this plainer version.
- Can be frozen for up to four weeks.
- This recipe was created by Belinda Graham for Kidspot.