Baked salmon recipe
- 1 side salmon (about 1.5kg) skinned and pin boned
- 2 lemons
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 2 preserved lemon quarters
- 1 handful flat-leaf parsley
- 1 handful marjoram leaves
- 1 handful coriander leaves
- warm potato salad or simple green salad to serve
Preheat oven to 180C or 160C fan-forced. Place salmon on baking tray.
Finely grate the zest of the lemons into a small bowl, add the garlic and oil and season to taste. Rub mixture all over the salmon. Cut the lemon into wedges and set aside for serving.
Bake the salmon for 20-30 minutes or until just cooked, depending on the thickness of the fish.
Meanwhile, soak the preserved lemon quarters in cold water for 10 minutes. Remove the pulp and discard, and finely slice the zest. Combine the preserved lemon zest with the herbs and set aside.
Transfer the salmon to a serving platter, scatter over the herb mixture, drizzle with oil and serve with the lemon wedges and salad.
- There is no better choice for a light summer meal than this easy baked salmon.
- The herbs compliment the flavour of the fish beautifully and it is really up to you whether you prefer a zesty lemon squeeze or a creamy aioli on the side.