Cheat's sausage rolls recipe
- 3 sheets reduced-fat puff pastry
- 1 tray chevap sausages
- 1 egg, beaten
- tomato sauce, to serve
Pre-heat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced.
Defrost pastry sheets and cut into quarters.
Roll one sausage in each quarter of pastry. Brush a little beaten egg along the edge to seal.
Brush the tops of each sausage roll with egg.
Cook for 30 minutes until golden brown.
Serve with tomato sauce (and veggies to ease your conscience!).
- Chop these into mini sausage rolls and serve as party food.
- This recipe was created by Alana House for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder. You can follow Alana at Housegoeshome and on Twitter.
Find related sausage recipes
- Bangers and mash
- Chevaps and roasted vegetable salad
- Creamy curried sausages
- Curried sausages
- Italian sausage and rocket penne
- Garlic mushrooms, tomatoes and chipolatas
- Sausage and beef casserole
- Sausage and mushroom pasta
- Sausage bake
- Sausage hotpot
- Sausage salad
- Sausages with spiralli
- Tomatoey chipolatas with polenta
- Yummy curried sausages