Leftover sausage bake recipe
- 300g short pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 red capsicum, finely diced
- 1 zucchini, thickly sliced and quartered
- 8 leftover sausages, chopped
- 420g jar pasta sauce
- 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
Cook pasta and drain.
Preheat oven to 180°C conventional or 160°C fan forced.
Heat olive oil in a heavy-based frying pan. Saute garlic, red capsicum and zucchini until softened.
Toss through pasta, sausages, pasta sauce and crushed tomatoes.
Pour into a casserole dish and top with grated cheese. Cook for around 30 minutes until cheese is melted and golden.
Serve with a salad.
- If you need to make this s-t-r-e-t-c-h further, stir through some drained red kidney beans before popping in the oven.
- Add a gentle heat with the addition of a little chopped chilli.
- This recipe was created by Alana House for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder. You can follow Alana at Housegoeshome and on Twitter.
Find related casserole recipes
- Beef casserole
- Beef casserole with a hint of sweet
- Chicken and bacon casserole
- Chicken and pumpkin casserole
- Chilli pork and bean slow cooker casserole
- Easy beef casserole
- Easy chicken casserole
- Favourite lamb casserole
- Italian chicken casserole
- Lamb and bean casserole
- Lamb chop casserole
- Pork casserole with herb dumplings
- Sausage and beef casserole
- Tuna and rice casserole
- Italian beef and potato casserole