Tomato, risoni and pesto soup recipe
- 20g butter
- 2 leeks, finely chopped
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup risoni pasta
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
Melt the butter in a large saucepan, add the leeks and gently cook for about 5 minutes. Pour in the tomatoes and thin out with about 1/2 cup boiling water. Cook for about 10 minutes over low heat.
Meanwhile cook the pasta according to packet instructions and then drain.
Puree the soup until smooth. Pour into bowls, top with a couple of tablespoons of the pasta per bowl and pesto to taste.
- You can puree the soup in a blender, food processor or with a stick blender (my preference is the latter as there’s less washing up).
- If the pesto isn't enough of a flavour boost then you can add some stock to this soup in place of the boiling water.
- This recipe was created by Sophie Hansen for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder. You can follow Sophie on Local is Lovely, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.
Find related soup recipes
- Chicken noodle soup
- Curried lentil soup
- Thai pumpkin soup recipe
- Potato and leek soup
- Curtis Stone's chorizo and chick pea soup
- Katie's chicken soup recipe
- Baby carrot soup
- Pick-me-up spicy lentil soup
- Bacon, potato and cheese soup
- Pumpkin and cumin soup recipe
- Pumpkin soup
- Red lentil and pumpkin soup recipe