Ham coleslaw sandwich recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 large cabbage, sliced as thinly as you can or whizzed in a food processor
- 1 cup finely minced white onion
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- a few sprigs of flat-leafed parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp raw sugar
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 small tub plain low-fat Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp low-fat mayonnaise
In a colander, stir together salt and cabbage.
Let sit for 15 minutes, patting the cabbage dry after liquid has drained out.
Add onion, carrot and parsley and transfer to serving bowl.
In a mixing bowl, stir together sugar, apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard, black pepper, Greek yoghurt, and mayonnaise.
Pour over vegetables and mix well to combine.
- Although the mayonnaise is optional I think it adds a nice, creamy touch to the coleslaw dressing.
- Half a grated apple added to the veggie mix gives a lovely, fruity flavour to the coleslaw.
- This recipe was created by Maxabella for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
Find more lunch ideas
- Buttermilk scones
- Bacon, cheese and avocado melts
- Cheese and bacon scones
- Cheesy scones
- Choc chip scones
- Date scones
- Finger buns
- Hot cross buns
- Corn pikelets
- Gluten-free pikelets
- Nut-free muesli bars
- Pikelets with chocolate sauce
- Veggie pikelets
- Cinnamon tea cake
- Easy cinnamon and current scrolls