Irish cream fudge recipe
- 500g dark chocolate melts
- 1 x tin (395g) sweetened condensed milk
- 60g butter
- 1/4 cup (65ml) Irish cream liqueur
Line a 18cm x 26cm slice tin with baking paper and set aside.
Place the chocolate, condensed milk and butter in a small saucepan. Stir continuously over a low heat until the chocolate is melted.
Remove saucepan from heat and whisk in Irish cream liqueur. Pour into slice tin and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or until set. Cut into squares.
- I like a nice clean cut when making these so I freeze the tray and then slice.
- If it starts to burn you should remove it from the heat and keep stirring until you need a little more heat to continue the melting process.
- You can wrap these in green cellophane to give as gifts or serve them with coffee to visitors.
- When the weather is warm or you live in a hot climate, you may need to store this fudge in the fridge.
- You can vary this fudge by varying the flavour of liqueur. You could use Tia Maria for coffee flavour or Crème de Menthe for a minty chocolate fudge.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe.