Pumpkin, pear and ginger loaf recipe
- 3 cups wholemeal flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 200g butternut pumpkin, grated
- 100g pear, cored, unpeeled and grated (roughly one)
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 185g butter, melted
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup raw sugar
Preheat the oven to 180°C conventional or 160°C fan-forced and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Add remaining ingredients and stir gently until just combined.
Bake for 50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- This is perfect served with delicious lemon curd.
- This wholemeal loaf takes under 10 minutes to make (not including baking time).
- This recipe was created by Sophie Hansen for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder. You can follow Sophie on Local is Lovely, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.
Find more after school snacks
- Buttermilk scones
- Bacon, cheese and avocado melts
- Cheese and bacon scones
- Cheesy scones
- Choc chip scones
- Date scones
- Lemonade scones
- Finger buns
- Hot cross buns
- Corn pikelets
- Gluten-free pikelets
- Nut-free muesli bars
- Pikelets with chocolate sauce
- Veggie pikelets
- Cinnamon tea cake
- Easy cinnamon and current scrolls