Smash cake recipe
- cooking oil spray
- 1 large cupcake-shaped baking pan (with base and lid)
- 2 x packets (395g) milk chocolate melts
- 1 x box (300g) Cadbury Favourites
- 500g party mix lollies
- 1 x packet (160g) Crispy M & M’s.
- 200g white chocolate melts
- 1 small hammer or mallet
- ribbon for decorating the hammer
Step 1. Lightly spray the cupcake pan with the cooking spray and place the cupcake pan into the freezer to chill for 10 minutes. Melt 1 packet of chocolate melts using a double boiler or a microwave.
Step 2. Pour half of the melted chocolate into the base of the pan and roll it around to coat the inside of the pan evenly. Pour the remaining chocolate into the pan and roll it around to give it a second coat. Place into the refrigerator for 5 minutes.
Step 3. Repeat all steps with the cupcake lid.
Step 4. When set to a hard shell, remove from refrigerator and place the pan upside down on the bench. Place a warm tea towel over the pan and tap gently until the chocolate lid is released.
Step 5. Repeat for the base of the cupcake.
Step 6. Place the base on a serving plate and fill with lollies.
Step 7. Place the lid on. Melt the white chocolate and after cooling a little, pour over the top to look like icing.
Step 8. Quickly place the glace cherry on top before the chocolate hardens.
Step 9. Get a small hammer or mallet and tie some ribbon onto the handle.
Step 10. Get the guest of honour to SMASH the cake!
- I bought the cupcake shaped pan from Kmart for $5. The mini mallet was bought from a discount store for $3.
- You can melt the chocolate in the microwave by placing it in a glass jug and heating for 1 minute and then stiring for 2 minutes. If needed you can return it to the microwave for 10 second bursts to completely melt the chocolate.
- To get shells out of the pan I gently tapped on the upturned base and they fell out but my shell was slightly cracked. Using the warmed tea towel is a safer way to remove it.
- You can decorate the top of your cake any way you like. Let your imagination run wild!
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
Find more birthday cake recipes
- Balloon birthday cake
- Birthday cake recipes
- Bouncing balls birthday cake
- Chocolate owl birthday cake
- Chocolate-dipped strawberry flower birthday cake
- Cupcake tower birthday cake
- Dino birthday cake
- Easy lolly birthday cake recipe
- Flower pot birthday cake
- Handbag birthday cake
- Hollywood starlet birthday cake
- Ice cream cone birthday cake
- Island birthday cake
- Make-up compact birthday cake
- Marshmallow flower birthday cake
- Mermaid treasure birthday cake
- My Little Pony birthday cake
- Pirate ship birthday cake
- Princess birthday cake
- Simple marshmallow birthday cake recipe
- Soccer field birthday cake
- Spaceship birthday cake