Crumbed mustard and thyme drumsticks recipe
You can throw these drumsticks into a bag to marinate before you go to work and you will have dinner ready to place in the oven when you get home.
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 1 cup natural yoghurt
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp lemon thyme leaves
- zest of one lemon
Place all ingredients together in a bowl, making sure that the drumsticks are well coated.
Place in the refrigerator to marinate for minimum of 2 hours and a maximum of 12 hours.
Preheat oven to 180°C fan-forced or 200°C conventional.
Place drumsticks into an oven proof dish, making sure that they are well covered in marinade.
Bake for 35 minutes. Serve with corn on the cob and salad.
- You can throw these in a resealable bag to marinate if you like. They will take up less room in the fridge and there will be less mess to clean up.
- This recipe was created by Sophie Hansen for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder. You can follow Sophie on Local is Lovely, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.
Find more chicken recipes:
- Amazing roast chicken
- Apricot chicken with parsley
- Asian chicken noodles
- Caramelized apple and cheese-stuffed chicken breasts
- Chicken fried rice
- Cheat's chicken biryani
- Chicken and cheese pasta bake
- Chicken garlic schnitzel
- Chicken and pumpkin risotto
- Chicken and sugar snap stir fry
- Chicken and vegetable pie
- Chicken bacon and mushroom fettucine
- Chicken balls
- Chicken risotto
- Chicken satay skewers
- Crispy chicken thighs with rosemary and potatoes
- Easy chicken casserole
- Easy Chinese lemon chicken