Pepperoni and bocconcini pizza recipe
This pepperoni and bocconcini pizza uses a few good quality ingredients to make a great pizza. Grab a base or make your own pizza dough and off you go!
- 1 pizza base
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 15 slices (30g) pepperoni
- 6 bocconcini balls
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
Preheat oven to 200°C fan-forced or 220°C conventional. Spray a pizza tray with canola spray and lay the pizza base on the tray.
Spread the pizza sauce over the base. Place pepperoni slices out over the base.
Slice bocconcini and place slices in between pepperoni.
Bake for 20 minutes or until bocconcini is melted.
Remove from oven and scatter basil leaves over the top.
Serve with salad.
- This pizza is quite economical and has lots of flavour with few ingredients.
- You can use large mozzarella balls sliced if you can’t get bocconcini.
- The fresh basil cannot be substituted in this recipe.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.