Ham and cream cheese pinwheel sandwiches recipe
These ham and cheese pinwheels are perfect for lunch boxes and your little ones will love them. The grown-ups don’t mind them on a sandwich platter either.
- 2 slices bread
- 4 slices low-salt ham, sliced wafer-thin
- low-fat cream cheese to spread
Cut the crusts off the bread. Use a rolling pin to flatten the bread down really well.
Spread each bread slice with a thin layer of cream cheese.
Top with two slices of ham per bread slice.
Roll the bread ‘sushi-style’ into two tight rolls. Slice into three pieces and push back together into a roll.
Roll each roll in a square of baking paper just a little larger than a slice of bread. Twist each end like a sweet so the rolls are secured and place into the fridge until you are ready to serve.
- You will need soft bread for these rolls.
- If you get your bread sliced on the spot at the bakery, you can get them to cut your loaf lengthways. This will give you extra long slices that are easier to roll out.
- This recipe was created by Maxabella of Maxabella loves. Follow Maxabella on Facebook or Pinterest.