This meatza is a pizza made with lean mince. It’s almost like a giant Italian-style meatball made into a pizza. Best of all it is low-carb. It's perfect for those following a Paleo diet.
- 1 kg lean minced beef (makes 2 meatza)
- 1/2 cup parmesan, grated
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup parsley,
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 x tins (400g) chopped tomatoes, drained
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 x ball (250g) mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 cup basil leaves
Preheat oven to 180°C conventional (160°C fan-forced). Line two pizza trays with baking paper and set aside. In a bowl, combine the minced beef, parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, parsley and eggs.
Mix well and divide between pizza trays. Press into a pizza base shape.
In a bowl, combine the garlic, tomatoes, olive oil, and oregano. Spoon over each pizza base. Top with mozzarella slices. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
There will be a lot of liquid on the tray. Drain this liquid off and transfer to a plate. Top with fresh basil leaves and serve.
- The meat contains a lot of moisture that you will need to drain off after it is cooked.
- I like to serve this with a salad as it’s a little too much meat to have alone.
- You can choose different toppings instead of the tomato and mozzarella we use. Try adding salami, ham or even mushrooms and olives for a variation.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.