No bake coconut and date balls recipe
No bake coconut balls contain just two ingredients and they are super healthy. Pop them into lunch boxes, snack on them after exercise and use them to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- 3 cups desiccated coconut
- 2 cups (200g) pitted dates
Place 2 cups of coconut and the dates into a blender or food processor.
Process on high speed for 3-4 minutes, pausing to scrape down sides as needed.
Remove from processor and roll teaspoon-sized balls. Roll in remaining 1 cup of coconut.
Pack in portions for snacks, to put in lunch boxes and keep on hand to satisfy a sweet tooth in a healthy way.
- The coconut in this recipe turns to cocoa butter as it is processed with the dates and binds them together.
- You can roll these in more crushed nuts, sesame seeds or even sifted cocoa powder.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
Find more After school snacks
- Buttermilk scones
- Bacon, cheese and avocado melts
- Cheese and bacon scones
- Cheesy scones
- Choc chip scones
- Date scones
- Lemonade scones
- Finger buns
- Hot cross buns
- Corn pikelets
- Gluten-free pikelets
- Nut-free muesli bars
- Pikelets with chocolate sauce
- Veggie pikelets
- Cinnamon tea cake
- Easy cinnamon and current scrolls