Healthy pita pizzas recipe
This healthy pizza is fast, delicious and packed full of veggies. The fresh bocconcini cheese instead of traditional mozzarella means it’s lower in fat, better for you but tastes just as good Enjoy!.
- 2 rounds pita or Lebanese bread
- 1/2 cup quick pizza sauce
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 8 bambini (very small) bocconcini
- 1/2 red capsicum, de-seeded and sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 shallots (green onions), sliced
- 6 large fresh basil leaves, chopped
Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Cover 2 pizza or baking trays with baking paper. Place bread on each and spread with quick pizza sauce.
Divide evenly and place cherry tomatoes, bocconcini, capsicum, mushrooms and shallots on the pizzas.
Bake for 10 minutes until the bread is just crispy on the edges and bocconcini is softened.
Scatter fresh basil over the top of each pizza and serve.
- This is a knife and fork pizza.
- This pizza is healthy and doesn’t have the high fat content of most regular pizzas. Just remember that the softer the cheese is, the fewer kilojoules it will contain.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.