Salmon and spinach slice recipe
Simple to make, and really healthy too, this yummy baked egg dish would be as good in a lunch box or picnic hamper as on the dinner table. Serve it with some crusty bread and a side salad to complete the meal.
- 20ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 100g baby spinach
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125ml) cream
- 210g tin pink salmon, drained
- 2 tbsp chopped herbs (dill, chives, etc.)
- 2 tbsp parmesan, grated
Preheat oven to 190°C (170°C fan-forced).
Line the base and sides of an 18x25cm baking or slice tin with baking paper.
Heat oil in a frypan and saute onion over gentle heat for 4-5 minutes. Add spinach and stir for about a minute until just wilted. Set aside to cool.
Transfer onion and spinach to the bowl of a food processor and blitz into a puree. Add eggs and cream and process until well mixed. Finally, add the salmon and herbs and pulse 2 or 3 times to combine.
Tip mixture into lined tin, top with parmesan and bake for 25-30 minutes until just set.
Cut into squares and serve.
- Bulk up the veggie component by adding grated carrot or zucchini to the mix.
- To make it even more kid friendly, stir through some grated tasty cheese before baking.
- Recipe by Greer Worsley, a working mum whose desire to make and bake things has grown in inverse proportion to the amount of spare time she has since her three gorgeous girls came along. Her blog is typically red.