Pasta with tuna and tomatoes recipe
What could be easier on a warm summer night than this fresh and zesty no-cook pasta sauce? Simply boil your choice of pasta, toss it all together and serve at room temperature with the setting sun.
- 500g penne, rigatoni or similar
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 425g tin tuna in olive oil
- 1 lemon, zest
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- parmesan cheese, grated, to serve
Cook pasta according to packet instructions. Drain and return to saucepan.
Toss with tomatoes, tuna (including its oil), lemon zest and parsley. Season well.
Serve with parmesan cheese.
- Increase the vegetable component by adding some grated carrot and zucchini.
- Serve cold as a salad for the lunch box or a picnic.
- Recipe by Greer Worsley, a working mum whose desire to make and bake things has grown in inverse proportion to the amount of spare time she has since her three gorgeous girls came along. Her blog is typically red.