Quick pizza sauce recipe
Have you ever craved pizza and then realised you're out of pizza sauce? This yummy version can be made from pantry ingredients so you'll be munching on delicious pizza in no time at all.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 x tins (400g) diced tomatoes
Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat and add garlic.
Cook for 1-2 minutes to release the fragrance and then add the oregano and tomatoes.
Bring to the boil and then mash with a potato masher for a chunky sauce or puree using a stick mixer for a smooth sauce.
Reduce heat to simmer for 10 minutes. Taste and then add salt and pepper as required.
- There is so much you could add to this basic sauce but it will be tasty as is when you are in a hurry.
- I have also used sautéed onions, basil, Italian seasoning and dried chilli in this recipe.
- Kids will really love this sauce if you add a couple of tablespoons of brown sugar. It takes on a great smoky barbecue flavour when you do this.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.