Fish burgers with lemon mayo recipe
So healthy and out of this world tasty! These fish burgers with lemon mayo are light, creamy and oh so lemony ... delicious!
- 80ml (1/3 cup) light mayonnaise
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tsp fresh dill fronds
- 4 bread rolls
- 1 head soft lettuce, such as butter lettuce
- 4 white fish fillets (about 120-150g each)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh dill fronds
- bunch of chives, chopped
- oil spray
Mix lemon mayo ingredients together and set aside.
Slice bread rolls in half and stuff with lettuce leaves.
Heat a large non-stick frying pan to medium, spray with oil and add fish fillets. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side (until fillets are just opaque).
Squeeze over lemon juice and sprinkle with fresh dill. Serve on top of lettuce with a dollop of lemon mayo and chives.
- I used monkfish for this recipe, but you could easily use orange roughy, snapper, ling or basa.
- Stir some finely chopped capers through the lemon mayo if you fancy a homemade tartar sauce.
- This recipe was written by Jay Rogers from The Moodie Foodie. You can follow The Moodie Foodie on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.