Lamb and cherry salad recipe
This delicious salad is a classic combination of big flavoured lamb with sweet, sweet cherries. Yum!
- 500g lamb backstraps
- 10ml (2 tsp) olive oil
- 2 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 tsp dried mint
- 100g (3 cups) baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 300g cherries, pitted and chopped
- 20ml (1 tbsp) extra virgin olive oil
- 20ml (1 tbsp) red wine vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 10ml (2 tsp) honey
- 10ml (2 tsp) Dijon mustard
- 20ml (1 tbsp) water
Marinate backstraps in oil and dried herbs for 10 minutes.
While lamb is marinating, mix together spinach, fresh mint leaves, basil, spring onions and cherries.
Divide among 4 bowls or plates.
Heat a large non-stick frying pan on medium-high and add the backstraps.
Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
Remove from the pan and allow to rest on a board for 5 minutes before slicing and dividing among plates.
Mix dressing ingredients in a jar, give a good shake and pour over salad.
- Backstraps are also known as lamb sirloin.
- Cooking time of 2-3 minutes gives a medium-rare result. Cook for a little longer if you like your steak medium.
- Recipe written by Jay Rogers from The Moodie Foodie. You can follow The Moodie Foodie on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.
More salad recipes
- Find more easy quick dinner ideas
- Summer steak with tomato salad
- Chickpea salad
- Pumpkin, feta and chickpea salad
- Chicken and mango salad
- Greek salad
- Warm chicken salad
- Asian salmon salad
- BBQ chicken salad
- Creamy potato salad
- Baby Caprese salad
- Lamb, pumpkin and chickpea salad
- Chicken and cranberry waldorf salad
- Pasta salad