Lamb kofta kebabs with mint salad recipe
You can't beat a kebab for dinner: spicy Turkish lamb meatballs served on a mint salad with garlic yoghurt dressing and pita bread. Yum!
- 500g lean lamb mince (see notes)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest (about 1/2 lemon)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- olive oil spray
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 cups loosely packed mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 cup loosely packed parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 8 tbsp light Greek style yogurt
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
1 tsp finely grated lemon zest (about 1/2 lemon)
- 4 store bought pita bread (medium size – about 24-26cm diameter)
Heat oven to 200ºC conventional (180ºC fan-forced) and line a tray with baking paper.
Mix kofta ingredients together and form small meatballs (about a tablespoon each).
Place kofta meatballs on the baking paper and spray lightly with oil.
Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until cooked.
While kofta is cooking, toss together mint, parsley, red onion, cucumbers and tomatoes.
Mix yoghurt, garlic and lemon zest together and set aside.
Roll kofta, mint salad and yoghurt dressing in pita bread and serve.
- If you can’t find lean lamb mince, buy some lean leg steaks and pulse in the food processor until minced (or you could just use regular lamb mince). You could also use lean beef mince instead.
- Rosemary is such a perfect partner to lamb that it's nice to add one teaspoon of chopped fresh or dried rosemary to the kofta mix.
- This recipe was created by Jay Rogers for Kidspot, Australia's best recipe finder. You can follow Jay at The Moodie Foodie and on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.
More salad recipes
- Find more easy quick dinner ideas
- Summer steak with tomato salad
- Chickpea salad
- Pumpkin, feta and chickpea salad
- Chicken and mango salad
- Greek salad
- Warm chicken salad
- Asian salmon salad
- BBQ chicken salad
- Creamy potato salad
- Baby Caprese salad
- Lamb, pumpkin and chickpea salad
- Chicken and cranberry waldorf salad
- Pasta salad