Prosciutto, asparagus and goats cheese salad recipe
This beautiful salad makes a fantastic lunch or starter for an evening meal. It’s even great for a main course if you add a little bread on the side.
- 100g lean prosciutto, visible fat removed and torn into strips
- 200g fresh asparagus, wooden ends trimmed
- 2 cups soft lettuce (such as butter lettuce)
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup rocket leaves
- 100g goats cheese
- 20g anchovies
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- juice of 1 lemon
- 40ml (2 tbsp) extra virgin olive oil
To make the dressing, place ingredients into a small processor and blitz until well combined.
Heat a small non-stick frying pan on medium and add torn prosciutto and cook until crispy. Remove prosciutto and set aside.
Heat saucepan with salted water, add the asparagus and cook for 1-2 minutes. Drain and refresh in iced water and then drain again and place on absorbent paper.
Arrange the lettuce, spinach and rocket leaves on 4 plates. Toss through asparagus, goats cheese and dressing.
Top with crispy prosciutto and serve.
- You can use any cheese you like, but goats cheese is naturally lower in fat than cow’s cheese and is incredibly soft and creamy.
- Now before you go all “eewww, I hate anchovies!”, stay with me cause I don’t like them in much else but dressings and sauces either. This dressing is one you’ll make again and again – it’s salty, zesty and packed full of flavour with no fishy anchovy taste. Trust me.
- Recipe written by Jay Rogers from The Moodie Foodie. You can follow The Moodie Foodie on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.
More salad recipes
- Find more easy quick dinner ideas
- Summer steak with tomato salad
- Chickpea salad
- Pumpkin, feta and chickpea salad
- Chicken and mango salad
- Greek salad
- Warm chicken salad
- Asian salmon salad
- BBQ chicken salad
- Creamy potato salad
- Baby Caprese salad
- Lamb, pumpkin and chickpea salad
- Chicken and cranberry waldorf salad
- Pasta salad