Haloumi with chorizo and tomatoes recipe
This haloumi is pan-fried and topped with a combination of spicy chorizo sausage and cherry tomatoes. This is a perfect weekend brunch and a great light meal for supper.
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 chorizo sausages, sliced
- 1 cup ripe, sweet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 400g haloumi, sliced
- 1 handful basil leaves
Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and add the chorizo and tomatoes. Cook until coloured, stirring often.
Remove the tomatoes from the pan with a slotted spoon, taking care to leave the oil in the pan. Set aside in a warm place.
Reheat the pan and fry the haloumi for a few minutes on each side until golden.
Remove the haloumi to a plate and top with chorizo, tomatoes and fresh basil leaves.
- You could serve this with warm bread rolls or pile this mixture on top of some linguine.
- It would also be great sitting on a bed of baby spinach or new season rocket.
- This recipe was created by Sophie Hansen for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder: You can follow Sophie on Local is Lovely, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.