Tomato pizza squares recipe
Are you looking for the perfect lunch box pizza? It doesn’t get any easier than these delicious pizza squares. Make them your own with your favourite toppings or follow our recipe.
- 2 slices soft bread
- 1/4 cup quick pizza sauce
- 2 slices fresh tomato, cut into quarters
- 2 slices cheese, cut into quarters
- 8 small basil leaves
Preheat oven to 180°C conventional (or 160°C fan-forced). Line a baking tray with baking paper
Remove crusts from bread. Cut each piece into 4 and pread each piece with tomato sauce.
Top each piece with tomato and a square of cheese.
Place onto a tray and into the oven until the cheese has melted (10-12 mins).
Adda basil leaf to each slice. Cool and wrap in foil.
- You can use a ready-made pizza sauce from the supermarket for this recipe.
- Vary the cheese for interest. Here I’ve used provolone and gouda mozzarella; Swiss and good old tasty will also work well.
- You can swap the tomato for anything your child likes on their pizza - capsicum, olives, ham, sausage, whatever takes their fancy.
- This recipe was created by Maxabella of Maxabella loves... Follow Maxabella on Facebook or Pinterest.