Shamrock jellies recipe
These shamrock jellies are made with jelly crystals and ice cream and give a pretty green two-tone effect. They taste delicious and the kids will have fun making them for St Patrick's Day.
- 2 pkts (85g) lime flavoured jelly crystals
- 3 sachets (10g) edible powder gelatine
- 1L (4 cups) boiling water
- 2L vanilla ice cream
Step 1. Gather all ingredients and boil the water.
Step 2. In a large bowl, dissolve the jelly crystals and gelatine with the boiling water. Whisk well until all crystals are dissolved.
Step 3. Add the ice cream to the bowl and whisk until melted and completely dissolved.
Step 4. Pour into a 33 x 23cm glass dish. Refrigerate until completely set.
Step 5. When set, use a shamrock-shaped cookie cutter to cut shapes from the dish. Scoop from underneath using an egg slice so you get clean shapes.
- If you think cutting out shapes is too fiddly, you can just scoop this into bowls for the kids. It makes the perfect do-ahead recipe for parties.
- You can also use this for St Valentine's Day if you use red jelly and cut out heart shaped jellies.
- Thanks to our sister company, Kidspot Australia for the instructional picture collage.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.