Nutty pear and chocolate smoothie recipe
This nutty pear smoothie is perfect for those days when the kids just want chocolate milk but you are wearing your good Mum hat. It’s healthy and delicious.
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 250ml (1 cup) milk
- 2 dates, pitted
- 1 cup pear, unpeeled but roughly chopped
- 1 banana, sliced
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth and frothy.
- Frozen bananas will give this smoothie a creamy texture.
- Shake some chocolate on top for effect.
- You can hide some LSA (linseed, sunflower and almond) mix in this smoothie to boost the nutrition content and add some extra fibre.
- This recipe was created by Sophie Hansen for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder: You can follow Sophie on Local is Lovely, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.