Real meat pies recipe
Next time you make a beef casserole, be sure to double up the quantities so you'll have some leftovers to make these delicious little pies. Everyone will love them and you'll feel great knowing exactly what's in the filling.
- 4 cups leftover beef casserole
- 4 sheets frozen puff pastry, defrosted
- 1 egg, beaten
Preheat oven to 220°C conventional (200°C fan-forced). Lightly grease 8 holes of a 12-hole muffin tin.
Using 2 forks, shred any large pieces of beef in the casserole and stir to combine.
Cut eight 12cm circles from the pastry and line the muffin tin holes. Brush the top edges of the pastry with egg. Spoon half a cup of casserole into each case. Cut eight 8cm circles from remaining pastry and top each case. Use your fingers to press together and seal. Brush with egg and use a knife to create a slit in the top of each.
Bake for 30 minutes until puffed and golden.
- Serve with tomato sauce or chutney.
- These make excellent lunch box fillers.
- Recipe by Greer Worsley, a working mum whose desire to make and bake things has grown in inverse proportion to the amount of spare time she has since her three gorgeous girls came along. Her blog is typically red.