Strawberry mice recipe
Looking for some party food for toddlers? These delicious strawberry mice are a great healthy choice and cute to boot!
- 1 punnet strawberries
- black writing icing
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup almond flakes
- 2 straps raspberry licorice
- 100g Swiss cheese
Step 1. Remove the green stems from each strawberry. Slice a small slice from one side of each strawberry so it will sit flat on the plate.
Step 2. Use the black writing icing to stick a choc chip on the pointy end as a nose.
Step 3. Use the writing icing to create eyes. Poke 2 slots with a sharp knife and slide in 2 almond flakes as ears per mouse.
Step 4. Use a skewer to poke a hole into the berry and slide in the licorice as a tail. Cut the cheese into wedges and serve with the strawberry mice.
- Toddlers will love these cute strawberry mice and they're perfect for a Cinderella-themed party.
- You can use any cheese wedges you prefer for this dish. Just make it the type of cheese that your kids like.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.