Rice pudding with strawberries recipe
There is nothing more comforting and full of love than a baked rice pudding. This dish is topped with fresh strawberries to make it even more irresistible.
- 2 cups cooked arborio rice
- 1/2 cup caster sugar or equivalent granulated stevia
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 500ml (2 cups) low-fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 fresh strawberries
Preheat oven to 180°C conventional (160°C fan-forced).
Place all ingredients (except strawberries) in a bowl and combine well.
Pour into greased baking dish or pan. Bake for about 20 minutes.
Cover warm rice pudding with lid or plastic wrap and place in fridge to cool.
Top with finely chopped strawberries to serve.
- If you are serving this without strawberries it’s nice to add a shake of ground nutmeg over the top.
- This dessert isn’t suitable for freezing, so serve any leftovers up for dessert within a couple of days.
- A little plastic jar is perfect for serving this recipe in a lunchbox.
- This recipe was created by Maxabella of Maxabella loves. Follow Maxabella on Facebook or Pinterest.