Chocolate dipped potato chips recipe
We all know that these chocolate dipped potato chips are going to be a sometimes food but really, how can anyone resist? These are a combo of your favourite salty snack and chocolate. You know it’s wrong but they taste oh-so-right!
- 1 bag (175g) plain salted potato chips
- 375g dark chocolate melts
Step 1. Grab a bag of your favourite salted potato chips.
Step 2. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper and set aside. Place chocolate melts in a glass heatproof bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir then heat in further 10 second bursts until the chocolate is entirely melted.
Step 3. Dip each chip halfway into the chocolate. Shake off excess and lay on the baking sheet.
Step 4. Leave to cool and set. If needed, pop into the freezer for 5 minutes but no longer or you will have soggy chips. Serve immediately.
- You need to make sure you don’t seize that chocolate while you are melting it. Try to use the heat from the bowl and stir it for as long as you can in between bursts. You want it just melted but not hot if you can helps it.
- These are to be served within 4 hours or the chips soften.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.