Chicken korma recipe
For those nights when you'd really prefer not to spend too much time cooking, this chicken and tomato korma is the ideal curry to cook. It really doesn't take long and is delicious with mellow, fresh flavours.
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 1/4 cup korma curry paste
- 500g chicken thigh fillets
- 20ml (1 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion, finely sliced
- 1 tin (400g) diced tomatoes
- coriander, rice and naan bread, to serve
Combine the yoghurt and curry paste in a bowl, spoon into a large plastic zip-lock bag and add the chicken, squishing it around so the yoghurt and curry paste cover the chicken entirely.
Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to 12 hours. Heat the vegetable oil in a wok, add the onion and cook for a couple of minutes, add the chicken, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
Add the tomatoes, stir well and cook for another 5 minutes.
Serve with coriander leaves, rice and warm naan bread.
- You can pop the chicken in the fridge to marinate before you head off to work and it'll be nicely marinated by the time you get home.
- Korma curry paste can be found in any supermarket in the International food section.
- Thigh fillets are the best chicken cut for this curry. They are flavoursome in comparison to the breast.
- This recipe was created by Sophie Hansen for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder. You can follow Sophie on Local is Lovely, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.
Find more chicken recipes:
- Amazing roast chicken
- Apricot chicken with parsley
- Asian chicken noodles
- Caramelized apple and cheese-stuffed chicken breasts
- Chicken fried rice
- Cheat's chicken biryani
- Chicken and cheese pasta bake
- Chicken garlic schnitzel
- Chicken and pumpkin risotto
- Chicken and sugar snap stir fry
- Chicken and vegetable pie
- Chicken bacon and mushroom fettucine
- Chicken balls
- Chicken risotto
- Chicken satay skewers
- Crispy chicken thighs with rosemary and potatoes
- Easy chicken casserole
- Easy Chinese lemon chicken