Kale bake recipe
Kale is packed full of vitamins and flavour and is considered a superfood. This kale bake is a dish that makes super healthy into super tasty as it teams lush tomatoes with creamy crumbled feta cheese.
- 1 bunch kale
- 10ml (2 tsp) olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 stick celery, finely chopped
- 100g pancetta, finely chopped
- 1 tin (400g) diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup feta, crumbled
Preheat oven to 200°C conventional (180°C fan-forced). Roughly chop the kale and set aside.
Heat a little olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat and gently cook the onion, carrot, celery and pancetta for about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and kale and stir well.
Tip mixture into an ovenproof dish and dot the top with crumbled feta.
Bake for 20 minutes and serve with warm bread.
- Why do we call kale a superfood? Kale is rich in vitamins A,C and K and extremely rich in phytonutrients.
- This is one of those dishes that looks pretty humble on their own, but add some beautiful warm sourdough, good butter and what you have is a really lovely dinner.
- This recipe was created by Sophie Hansen for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder: You can follow Sophie on Local is Lovely, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.