Healthy choc pops recipe
These cute little chocolate balls are made in the food processor with dates, nuts and coconut oil and, best of all, there's absolutely no cooking involved!
- 1 cup nuts
- 15 dates
- 1/4 cup (45g) sultanas
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup cocoa
- 20ml (1 tbsp) coconut oil
- 10 ml (2 tsp) water
Into a food processor add your nuts and process until crumbly.
Add your pitted dates and sultanas, process again.
Add cocoa and coconut oil, mix again and then add your water with as much as you need to bring it all together in a dough-like consistency.
Press into a small lined, lidded container and chill in the freezer for at least an hour.
Roll tablespoon-sized balls, insert some ice cream sticks and turn them into pops!
- When adding the cocoa, just be mindful that using too much can add bitterness.
- I store mine in the freezer - this way I can make a big batch and always have some on hand.
- These do contain nuts so be wary around those with allergies. Make sure you label these clearly if you are serving them at a party.
- I used almonds for this recipe but you can use almond meal also.
- This recipe was created by Karla Gilbert. You can read her blog at Ironmum Karla, catch up with her on Twitter, find her on Facebook or peek at her pins on Pinterest.