Frozen apricot and honey yoghurt recipe
Fresh apricots, yoghurt and honey are the main ingredient in this delicious frozen treat so you and the kids will both love it!
- 400g ripe apricots, halved
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 5ml (1 tsp ) vanilla extract
- 520g (2 cups) natural yoghurt
- honey to taste
Sprinkle the apricots with sugar and vanilla and toss to combine. Set aside for about one hour and then blitz apricots in a food processor until a smooth paste.
Stir through the yogurt and add honey to taste (some apricots are quite tart so you might need a little more honey).
Churn the frozen yoghurt in an ice cream machine and then freeze, or pour into a plastic container and place in the freezer, after an hour, whisk the yoghurt to prevent ice crystals forming and repeat this process a few times.
- For a creamier finish you can use Greek yoghurt.
- If you don't have apricots you can use peaches or berries in their place.
- Sprinkling the fruit with sugar is called macerating and is an important step that releases the juices from the fruit.
- This recipe was created by Sophie Hansen for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder: You can follow Sophie on Local is Lovely, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.
Find more frozen treat recipes:
- Chocolate ice cream pudding
- Homemade chunky monkey ice cream
- Homemade cookies and cream ice cream
- Frozen yoghurt pops
- Ice cream cookie crunch
- Angel ice-creams
- Frozen banana bites
- Strawberry ice cream
- Snickers hot fudge sundae
- Ice-cream sandwiches
- Bananas in Pyjamas
- Homemade chocolate paddlepops
- Frozen fruit slushies