Healthy spinach and feta dip recipe
This spinach and feta dip is tasty and made with delicious fresh spinach, yoghurt and feta cheese. Pack it alongside some crunchy vegetable sticks for a low-fat snack.
- 20ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 packet (150g)baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2.5ml (1/2 tsp) fresh lemon zest
- 10ml (2 tsp) fresh lemon juice
- 260g (1 cup) low-fat Greek yoghurt
- 80g (1/2 cup) feta cheese, finely crumbled
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- vegetable sticks to serve
Heat oil in the frying pan over medium heat. Add spring onions and garlic and cook, stirring until fragrant (about 2 minutes). Add spinach and cook, stirring often until wilted ( about 2 more minutes).
Using a slotted spoon, scoop spinach mix into a food processor; pulse until roughly puréed (about 5 pulses). Add remaining ingredients except pepper, pulse once just to combine, and then season to taste with the pepper.
Add a sprinkle of the extra dill on top. Portion the dip into a small container with a lid for the lunch box. Add sliced capsicum, carrot and celery as dippers to serve.
- Don’t be tempted not to cook the onion component of this recipe if you are serving it to kids. The flavours will be quite strong.
- If I can’t be bothered getting the food processor out (because I am a lazybones), I just use my Bamix. It makes the dip more pureed, but it still tastes good.
- This recipe was created by Maxabella of Maxabella loves... Follow Maxabella on Facebook or Pinterest.