Blackberry and muesli breakfast muffins recipe
Ever feel guilty about your kids not having the perfect breakfast? Well if you stash some of these deliciously simple blackberry and muesli muffins in the freezer, then you are 30 seconds away from an easy breakfast.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (250ml) buttermilk
- 1/4 cup (60ml) light olive oil
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/4 (190g) cups plain wholemeal flour
- 1/2 cup (80g) brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup blackberries or other seasonal fruit (chopped)
Preheat oven to 180°C conventional (160°C fan-forced) and line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper cases.
Whisk the eggs, buttermilk and oil together.
In a seperate bowl, combine all remaining ingredients. Tip the wet ingredient into this bowl.
Mix until just combined and then spoon into paper cases.
Bake for 20 minutes or until muffins are golden on top.
Let cool on a wire rack and either enjoy warm or store in an airtight container.
- You can make a double batch of these and stock up the freezer for a rainy day.
- These can be frozen and warmed straight from the freezer.
- This recipe was created by Sophie Hansen for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder: You can follow Sophie on Local is Lovely, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.