Chinese plum marinade recipe
Banish bland barbecue meals and give your steak, chicken or fish a zingy marinade that is finger licking good. It’s easier than you think!
- 1 tsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp plum sauce
- 2 tsp peanut oil (or other plain vegetable oil)
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
Mix together and massage into the meat or fish.
Marinate for as long as possible.
Cook meat or fish on a medium heat to make sure it has time to cook through without burning the marinade.
- One serve of this marinade can be used for 500-800gms meat or fish. It works well with just about anything – beef, lamb, chicken, pork, duck and fish varieties.
- You can marinade for 10 minutes, 2 hours or even overnight if you wish.
- This recipe was created by Jay Rogers for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder: You can follow Jay at The Moodie Foodie and on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.
Find related Asian food
- Pork and prawn dumplings recipe
- Pork and prawn spring rolls
- Spring rolls
- Vegetable spring rolls
- Chicken fried rice
- Duck and fried rice
- Fried rice
- Fried rice Goong Goong style
- Prawn fried rice
- Simple fried rice
- Spicy fried rice
- Beef and glass noodle stir fry
- Chicken and basil stir fry
- Chicken broccoli cashew stir fry
- Chicken cashew and hokkien noodle stir fry
- Hoisin chicken stir fry